This Meeting Format is different than a regular EA meeting format due to the lack of the ability of the chat box area to type in lots of info. at once. So this is a short version for our online meetings.
Note: Begin meeting at the hour. End the meeting about 2 minutes till the end of the hour so you can type the Serenity Prayer to close the meeting. Perhaps give a warning at about 15 minutes till the ending time that we only have that amount of time left for our meeting.
How to start meeting. After a while you will be able to lead the meeting easily without having to refer to this. This is just our example to help newer members with leading until they get used to doing it without referring to this.
Start the meeting by saying:
1) Welcome to the EA Online Chat Meeting. Glad you are here with us. My name is _____and I am powerless over my emotions. We will open the meeting with the Serenity Prayer. You can type the word "Amen" if you wish to after I type the Serenity Prayer.
2) Then Type The Serenity Prayer into the chat: God, Grant me the Serenity, To accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen
3) Then type in: Does anyone have a topic they would like to discuss? (You can offer suggestions from the list of Topics, by opening another browser window of the topics at the top of the page and then copy and paste some of them into the chat meeting)
4) When a topic is mentioned, you can say: Okay our topic for the meeting is ________. Who would like to start discussing this topic first?
Someone will say "I will share on that topic". You can then say:
5) Go ahead and share (Persons Name Here) and type the word "DONE" when finished sharing. (That person will say"My name is _____and I am powerless over my emotions." And the leader and others in the group can say "Hi _____".)
When that person is finished sharing you and other members can say:
Thank you (Persons Name here) for sharing.
6) Then you can say: Who else would like to discuss our topic of __________?
If people in the meeting are done with that topic, you can suggest again with this statement:
Does anyone have another topic they would like to discuss? And then you proceed from there like above.
7) When it is about 2 minutes until the top of the hour, you can say, "That is all the time we have for this meeting. Thank you all for being here. Feel free to stay after and have casual chat if you wish or ask EA related questions. I will close the meeting with Serenity Prayer.
God, Grant me the Serenity, To accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Amen
Now meeting is closed and people can stay and chat if they wish to.